The holidays are coming! And what do holidays usually mean? Lots of people who need to eat. I’m sure you’re hashing out who’s bringing what to Thanksgiving but what about the other meals of the weekend? You know breakfast is the most important one! I have been dairy free for a little over two years and it is so hard to enjoy egg bakes that don’t use cheese. But that all changed with this dairy free egg bake. I’ve made it many times over the past year or so and it’s always a hit. Bonus, it’s really easy to put together and you can even prep the night before if you want. So come on, check out the recipe…
1lb breakfast sausage (I’ve tried pork and turkey and either work!)
1 32oz bag of tater tots
1 bell pepper, diced (or two halves of different colors)
1/2 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
Salt, pepper, garlic, and onion powder for seasoning
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook breakfast sausage and drain grease. Mix sausage, tater tots, and bell peppers in a 9×13 baking dish. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and seasoning. Pour evenly over baking dish and bake for 50 min or until eggs are done.
For fall/Thanksgiving, I used half an orange bell pepper and half a yellow one. For Christmas, I have used red and green bell peppers. You could even use just a red bell pepper for Valentine’s day!
How to prep the night before
This dairy free egg bake is super simple to make but to make the morning even easier (and get it on the table sooner), you can prep the night before. Cook the sausage and dice up the peppers and place in separate containers in the fridge. Then in the morning just dump everything in the dish and bake!
Dairy Free Egg Bake
- 1 lb breakfast sausage I’ve tried pork and turkey and either work!
- 32 oz tater tots
- 1 bell pepper or two halves of different colors
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk or milk of choice
- Salt, pepper, garlic, and onion powder for seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook breakfast sausage and drain grease
- Mix sausage, tater tots, and bell peppers in a 9×13 baking dish
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and seasoning
- Pour egg mixture evenly over baking dish and bake for 50 min or until eggs are done